A traditional Greek dish, using green beans beans (see photo below). Again, an easy to prepare and nutritious recipe.
1 kg lamb beef – the soft part cut in portions
1 kg green beans (fresh or frozen)
1 large onion grated
300g fresh or canned tomatoes pureed
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
130 ml olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Cut off the ends of the green beans and make sure to remove any threads along the sides.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot or pan, brown the portions of the meat in the olive oil on both sides, just enough for them to colour.
- Add the grated onion and garlic and brown for another 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and enough warm water to cover the meat.
- Let it simmer for 1 hour or until the meat is cooked.
- Add the beans and the beans and stir well.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until the beans are tender.
- Add the parsley, salt and pepper and boil for another 5 minutes.
- The food should absorb most of its liquids and just remain with the oil and tomato sauce. For a thicker sauce, continue simmering without the lid on the pan for a little longer.
Eat and Enjoy!